Garage door need repair?
Broken door spring? Opener not working? We can handle that!
Great service and great pricing. Call us today!
Garage Door Spring Repair
Do you have a broken garage door spring? If so, then you can’t open your garage door and your vehicle may be trapped inside. We can get a service tech on their way within the hour to quickly replace your garage door spring and get you back in operation. Garage door repair is a large part of what we do. We know that when your garage door spring breaks, you need immediate help. We are experts at getting to your home quickly with all the parts required to get your garage door springs fixed quickly.
A broken spring should be replaced immediately to eliminate any chance of the garage door causing damage to your vehicle or other items that are in your garage. We pride ourselves on fast service at a fair price. We will come to your home and professionally repair your garage door springs and we will also complete a routine inspection to make sure everything is working properly. Our offer fast and reliable one-hour-service to get you back in operation. Day or night, 7 days a week, we are here to assist you garage door repair! Contact our local garage door contractor now and we can have a technician on their way, all at the best prices available.
If you need a new garage door opener, we have a large inventory of the best openers at the best prices. We sell and service garage door openers from all the major manufacturers, such as Liftmaster, Genie, Chamberlain, Skylink, Linear, Craftsman and many more.
There are several types of garage door openers. Whether you have a belt drive, chain drive, screw drive or a jackshaft opener, our qualified technicians can inspect and repair your present unit, or if it is beyond repair, we can install a new garage door opener that will provide you with many years of reliable operation.
There are many things to consider when you are looking for a new garage door opener. There are many convenience and safety features that you may want to consider. Some of the features of a new garage door opener are as follows:
- Opening Power: A typical two-car garage door is best served with a 1/2-horsepower garage door opener. A lighter one-car garage door can use a less powerful motor and still provide you with years of reliable service. But if you happen to have a heavy door, such as a carriage door, a 3/4-horsepower is recommended to handle the additional workload. We can advise you on which unit will best work for your particular situation.
- Safety features: All garage door openers manufactured and installed after 1993 are required to have a safety mechanism that stops and reverses the garage door when an object passes underneath it. This reverse mechanism can protect your property and can save lives. This feature should be regularly tested to make sure it is operating properly.
- Garage door opener lights: Lights on your garage door opener have been around forever, but new models can turn on the opener light when someone walks into an open garage. This is a convenience feature that you will learn you enjoy as it allows you to walk through a garage with the light you need to get through safely.
- Battery backup: If you are prown to occasional power outages in your area, you may want to consider a unit that has a battery backup system. This will allow the garage door to work even when your power is out.
- Keyless entry pad: A keyless entry pad can offer great convenience to getting into your garage or home. People find that they use a keyless entry pad more than they thought they would. It also offers a reliable way to get into your home when you forgot the keys to your front door.
- Should I use a “Professional model” or “Do it yourself model”: Most manufacturers make different openers for professional garage door opener installers and the home-owner who wants to install themselves. Although the units are very similar, the do-it-yourself models are made to fit into a car. The professional installer unit will have a one piece rail unit. This can make the unit stronger, reduce flex, and prolong the life of the unit.
- Garage door opener types:
- Chain-drive opener units or the oldest style and are usually the lowest cost openers. They typically work fine but they can be very noisy during operation, and the chain can stretch after years of use.
- Screw-drive opener units are less noisy, have less moving parts and require less maintenance.
- Belt-drive opener units are identical to chain-drive garage door openers except that they operate with a commercial grade rubber belt. These are the quitest type of openers and typically cost a bit more than the others.
You may back into your garage and damage just one panel. This is typically an easy fix. Garage door panels can be easily repaired or replaced. If your garage door panel is damaged from hitting the panel, or if your panel is separating or warping, we can easily replace your panel with an identical panes so your garage door looks like new again.
Because garage door designs have been around for many years, replacing your panel with the exact same design is simple. Because of the cost of a custom garage doors, you can save money by just replacing the panel. If the panels are coming apart due to age, this is typically the time to get a quote on a new door, as you may be putting a temporary fix on a problem that will continue. Ask our service reps if you have any questions about the life expectency of your current door. If your door has years of good life, we will tell you. If it should be replaced, we will suggest that to you also.
Many parts to a garage door can become worn or broken. Items such as torsion and extension springs, tracks, rollers, hinges, cables, seals, sensors, jamp brackets, can become worn or broken. If you see any items on the garage door that are not working properly, we suggest that you immediately contact a qualified garage door technician so they can inspect the operation of the door.
We keep parts on hand to handle all your repair needs and can repair your garage door quickly and inexpensively. Keeping your garage door in top mechanical condition will reward you with years of reliable service.
Tips for easy garage door maintenance.
Because your garage door is typically used daily, the garage door parts can wear out and break. There are a few light maintenance duties and inspections a mechanically inclined person can perform to ensure maximum safety and increase the life of their door. We recommend that you review the following tips to help extend the life of your garage door system.
1. Inspect the door springs, hinges, rollers and safety devices to be sure they are fastened securely and in proper working order.
2. Make sure that any parts that need perodical lubrication are inspected and lubricated as needed.
3. Check the balance of the door by lifting it a few feet off the ground and releasing. The door should not travel more than a couple of inches in either direction. If the door drops to the ground then this is an indication that your garage door springs need adjusting or replacing. When operated manually a garage door should go up and down smoothly.
If the door’s springs don’t already have safety garage door cables installed, you should consider having them installed to reduce the chance of damage to your property in the event of a garage door spring failure. Even the highest quality springs eventually wear and break, so we recommend that you replace springs if they show signs of wear such as uneven gaps between the coils, bent or damaged ends.
4. Inspect the cables for fray. Replace frayed cables immediately. Check the pulleys for nicks or excessive wear that can cause damage to the cable. Replace worn pulleys if necessary.
5. Verify that the garage door tracks are level and plumb. Track should line up parallel to the door sections without binding. Tighten all hinge and bracket screws, bear in mind that garage door bottom brackets are under extreme tension when the door is closed and can cause serious injury if accidentally or deliberately loosened or removed.
6. Replace bent or broken hinges. Check the door’s rollers for excessive wobble and replace as necessary.
7. All garage door openers manufactured and installed after 1991 are required by law to have a reversing mechanism. Garage door openers manufactured and installed after 1993 are required to have photo eyes connected at the bottom of the track to trigger the reverse mechanism when an infrared beam is broken. A defective or improperly adjusted reversing mechanism on your garage door opener could cause damage, injury and possibly death. Check your door opener regularly to be sure that the reversing mechanism is in proper working order.
8. Lubricate rollers, hinge pivots, pulleys, torsion springs coils, bearings and the electric opener chain and sprockets. With periodic inspections and maintenance the average garage door can safely provide many years of trouble free performance.
Call us to repair your garage door: If you have a broken garage door spring, need a new opener, or need some other type of repair, call your local Total Garage Door company. When we come to your door, you will be greeted by a courteous and knowledgeable garage door repair expert. Best service and best price…call us today.
Call a local contractor today.